Hooray! The baby is asleep for a nap in her crib! It’s time for a post.
Today I’ll recap our move to the Bahamas by discussing the timeline and all the moving parts.
- April 5: Job offer accepted
- May 14: Joint going-away party in Houston with friends C & M, who were set to move to Colorado
- May 31: Movers pack our apartment in Houston, one truck that they take to the Bahamas and one rental truck that we take to give away and store, my parents (Mr. & Mrs. T) arrive
- June 1: Move-out is complete, keys are relinquished, Mr. & Mrs. T and T depart by car from Houston (2 cars, 1 moving truck)
- June 2: Moving truck makes a pit stop in Atlanta, where much of the furniture is unloaded
- June 3: K & KLC fly to Tennessee after a restful day with friends R & S in Houston, T drives moving truck to TN after getting a flat tire 5 miles into his journey, finish unloading belongings into C family attic
- June 4: Moving truck is turned in, and we commence a summer of travel and visits to friends and family in Tennessee, Michigan, and Wisconsin
- July 29: Our shipment arrives in the Bahamas and is unloaded into our designated apartment in the company’s complex
- July 31: T flies to Nassau
- August 4: K & KLC fly to Nassau
- August 22: T registers vehicle in the Bahamas
So, that’s what we did. I’ll have more in-depth thoughts and stories in future posts.