We forgot to put the mashed potatoes on to boil, so our dinner was 30-45 minutes later than planned. Everyone was getting hungry, but some people were still able to put on their happy faces for the only picture we got of the whole gang with the self-timer. In case you aren’t familiar with this crew, it’s K’s family minus her older brother B and his wife and kids. Baby K is on the left with K and T, and Sister A is on the right with Mom and Dad. They all came to Texas hoping for an on-time arrival for Baby C. We’re at 5 days post-due date now, and still no baby, but at least they got some tasty food!
This year’s menu:
- Turkey (made by Dad)
- Mashed Potatoes (lovingly peeled by T)
- Green Salad with pomegranate seeds, apples, and poppy seed dressing (by T)
- Sweet Potato Casserole (by Mom)
- Apple and Sausage Stuffing (by sister A)
- Corn Casserole (by baby K)
- Green Bean Casserole (by Mom)
- Sister Schubert’s Rolls (by Kroger)
- Flourless Chocolate Cake (by baby K)
- Pumpkin Nut Bars (by K)
You know you have too much food when you have to put the leaf in the table to accommodate the extra food rather than the extra people. I for one was glad that the baby had dropped fairly low by Thanksgiving so I could eat a normal amount without heartburn! Thanks to my family for coming to town! We look forward to hosting T’s family for Christmas.